The Maintenance Mechanic will function in both an electrical and mechanical capacity, and will be responsible for preventative and unscheduled maintenance on all machines and equipment. Duties included but are not limited to:
- Install, repair, rebuild, and maintain machinery & mechanical equipment used in production, packaging, and plant areas.
- Troubleshoot & diagnose machine malfunctions and operating difficulties.
- Rebuild machines and overhaul troublesome components and attachments to involve dismantling, inspection, machining or replacement or purchased parts.
- Perform skilled operations such as filing and aligning bearings, spindles, and shafts; adjust feed and limit mechanisms, gibs, and ways.
- Perform various activities relative to the installation and relocation of existing machines and equipment to involve dismantling, erection, leveling, fitting, and aligning operations.
- Perform maintenance on the buildings, facilities, and other appropriate areas.
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment and all other equipment as appropriate.
- Maintain required maintenance logs and files.
- Perform routine housekeeping activities in the department and ensure adherence to established safety procedures and requirements.