Company is pleased to offer a $3,000 Sign-On Bonus for our next Maintenance Mechanic!
We are currently hiring for 2nd, and 3rd shift.
Company, located in Addison, IL, is a family-owned and operated business that has been making food products for over 99 years. Company has a national footprint selling through private-label, retail, and contract customers to in-store supermarket bakeries, convenience stores, foodservice groups, distributors and contract manufacturing customers in over 37 states. As Company continues to grow and expand, we need top notch individuals to help us achieve our results. Join our team and keep our consumers smiling!
Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing mechanical and electrical maintenance on production, packaging and warehouse equipment including heating and refrigeration systems, conveyors, motors, and related components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Technical Skill Requirements
- Responsible for all aspects of industrial manufacturing maintenance of production lines.
- Utilize CMMS system and ensure work orders are complete and corrective maintenance issues are logged in the system.
- Effectively communicate with production personnel and other mechanics to identify areas of concern; provide and receive feedback and/or support through collection and analysis of information.
- Perform electrical repairs and troubleshoot for the following: PLC Controls, AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor controls, advance circuits and grounding, interpret diagrams and test equipment.
- Read schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Support facility utilities including: waste water equipment, compressed air, refrigeration, boilers, and building safety equipment.
- Perform daily inspections, emergency repairs, and routine adjustments; follow periodic preventive maintenance schedule.
- Maintain organized documentation, inspection records, etc.
- Install new electrical and mechanical equipment as directed. Perform building repairs and modifications when required.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned, identifies and corrects deficiencies, both to the asset and to the preventive maintenance instruction sets and frequencies.
- Assist with spare parts inventory maintenance.
- Support continuous improvement projects and maintain a safe working environment.
- Follow all food safety guidelines and report food safety and quality issues to supervisor.
- Practice Good Housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Electrical; 110 – 480V, AC & DC control, wiring & ladder diagrams, PLC/Inverter programming, trouble shooting.
- Welding; Gas, Arc, Mig, Tig, steel, brass, aluminum, stainless, cast iron, plasma cutting.
- Heating & Refrigeration; Freezers, coolers, water chillers, air conditioners, gas fired heating systems, boilers, water heaters and heat exchangers.
- Four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and technical manuals.
- Ability to listen, understand and speak effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to trouble shoot malfunctions and to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to do basic math and apply concepts of algebra and geometry as may be required.
- Knowledge of Internet software, manufacturing software and preventative maintenance software.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Listens and gets clarification when needed.
- Able to write clearly and interpret written information.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Uses time efficiently. Plans repairs and installations to be sure parts are available when needed.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, while looking for ways to improve and promote quality
- Assists with training of co-workers.
- Observes safety, security and sanitation procedures including safe work practices, OSHA requirements and GMP's; Uses tools, equipment and materials properly. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. Extreme hot conditions on such equipment as operating fryers; extreme cold conditions such as blast spiral freezers. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.