The Maintenance Mechanic works at the Chicago, IL facility from 3:00pm - 12:00am.
Responsible for independently setting up, troubleshooting, repairing, changing over, and maintaining production lines. Our Line Mechanics are responsible for product quality and employee safety and share responsibility with the Group Leader for operating production lines at top efficiency.
Essential Job Functions:
- Set up production equipment to run scheduled production
- Discuss difficulties in operating equipment with machine operators to isolate problems, and troubleshoot machines to determine cause and repairs required.
- Must be able to read and follow directions found in technical manuals, document changes they are involved in.
- Perform necessary repairs on equipment to keep in top running order.
- Perform major mechanical overhauls of some packaging equipment.
- Carry out required preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assist in determining required design modifications and make approved modifications to equipment.
- Perform tasks in accordance with approved procedures, following safety procedures and GMP's.
- Provide coverage for mechanics on other shifts, as needed.
- Work with minimal supervision as well as in a team setting.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Associates or Technical Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment.
- Electrical experience is required.
- Thorough understanding of GMP’s
- Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical functions.
- Knowledge of PLC software and ability to perform minor PLC program adjustments on equipment.
- Operate electrical testing equipment and machining equipment.
- Utilize hand tools or machines needed for tasks.
- Read drawings of the items to be made or repaired.
- Measure, cut, work on materials or objects with great precision.
- Use arithmetic or shop geometry to figure amounts of material needed, dimensions to be followed and cost of materials
- Lift and move material and products.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General