Associate Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
- Plans all maintenance with special attention to regulatory requirements that may apply, e.g. OSHA rules, EPA regulations, USDA requirements, state and local environmental regulations. Ensures all safety requirements are clearly defined in all maintenance planning.
- Develops and maintains planned and predictive maintenance procedures and routes as required.
- Ensures the availability of all materials and tools necessary to complete planned tasks in advance by running reports and interfacing with storeroom personnel.
- Prioritizes all planned work orders.
- Trains maintenance personnel in proper maintenance reporting procedures for out-of-specification findings, and in the use of CMMS software as a maintenance management tool.
- Reviews completed work orders for completeness and accuracy, updates and supervises updating of machinery history data in the CMMS system. Analyzes historical data in order to take action to mitigate reoccurring issues.
- Generates reports to keep the maintenance management team informed of work progress and future work schedules.
- Updates the CMMS system equipment including machinery data, machinery history, and spare parts lists.
- Produces a weekly maintenance work schedule as well as a projected work schedule. Using the CMMS system, forecasts work force needs for equipment maintenance. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2+ years of plant maintenance experience, required.
- AA preferred, but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, Internet and Microsoft Office including Word and Excel, required.
- Project management software experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the CMMS system, preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.