seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join the 2nd shift team (2:00pm - 10:30pm). In this role you will perform set-up and operation of machines to produce assigned parts, with limited supervision. You will complete observations and inspections to ensure parts meet customer requirements, plan numerical control programs to control contour-path machining of parts on automatic machine tools, apply your knowledge of the working properties of materials with CNC programming knowledge to design and carry out the operation’s needs to produce machined products that meet specifications.
- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of the operations processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths; Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outline sequence of operations required to machine part(s).
- Prepare geometric layout using computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths, using drafting instruments or computer.
- Write program to regulate movement of machine along cutting path and prepare instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Assure accuracy of machine instructions, and revise program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Set-up, perform first article inspection, observe trial run, and produce parts on various machines (i.e. Mazak, Haas, JohnFord, Mori-Seiki, 4-axis mills).
- Inspect parts to engineering specification and maintain quality records according to work instructions.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and/or call for repairs, as needed.
- Trains others, as assigned.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs.
- Communicate product discrepancies or equipment malfunction.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures, including applicable safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computers and electronics, computer numerical control, basics of programming, and computer-aided manufacturing. Experience editing and performing advanced numerical control programming for Fanuc, CAMWorks, G-Code and/or Esprit computer-assisted drafting/programming software is preferred.
- Team oriented; Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptable to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Able to influence engineering and leadership in identifying and building set-up techniques to simplify complex set-ups.
- Able to work with limited direction.
- Working knowledge of basic math, and the ability to use measuring tools (Gages, Faro Arm, etc).
- Able to solve complex problems using analytical judgment and initiative.
- Able to read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blueprints.
- Physical Dexterity
- Mechanically inclined
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.