|TITLE: ENGINEERING AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITY:
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Confer with management, production, maintenance, and quality to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Analyze technology and resource needs to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Direct, review, and approve product design and changes.
- Recruit employees: assign, direct, and evaluate their work; and oversee the development and maintenance of staff competence.
- Analyze, define, and provide additional training required by department personnel.
- Prepare present and explain budget and project proposals.
- Directs workers engaged in machine repair, painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishing of buildings, and maintaining and repairing building utility systems, such as electrical wiring and controls, heating, and ventilation systems.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards.
- Trains employees where inspection shows it necessary. Provides technical assistance to Production Manager and Supervisors in analyzing and solving problems in daily mechanical and inspection work
- Evaluates existing procedures and job sequencing to verify that resulting work will assure safety and economy consistent with Company and governmental regulatory agency (MIOSHA) requirements.
- Assists in developing new techniques and methods for routine, non-routine and project work.
- Develops and recommends written procedures and work documents to simplify and improve the quality of mechanical and inspection work and work records.
- Participates in the testing of tools and materials to determine if they meet specifications and plant requirements.
- Works with maintenance personnel in the development of training programs and may conduct specialized technical training.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments. Performs other special projects and tasks assigned by Plant Manager.
JOB EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Oversee the Engineers and Maintenance Supervisor and their direct reports to ensure new and existing work meets both internal and external production goals.
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree Engineering or Management. Demonstrated Lean experience is mandatory.
- Minimum of five years directly related work experience, with at least two years’ experience as a people manager.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software, Project Management software; Manufacturing software; CMMS Software (Plex preferred), Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Ability to function in a high-pressure environment and to meet stringent deadlines for completing tasks.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20lbs (occasional 50lbs).
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.