: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
: Value Stream Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITY:
JOB EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop, plan and implement the work in the manufacturing department to meet various production schedules, along with Quality and Safety standards in a timely and efficient manner.
- Supervise and allocate staff in the set-up and operation of standard machines and attachments to perform various processing operations in connection with the production of parts and assemblies.
- Estimate personnel needs and assign personnel to work stations based on schedule priority given by management and available manpower.
- Provide leadership to apply organizational policies and assure adherence to departmental procedures.
- Provide leadership, and support training and build production team in order to hit hourly rates of production and minimize downtime.
- Apply organizational policies and assures adherence to departmental procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with various levels of the Shiloh team
- Understand and consistently administers CBA.
- Prepares reports concerning departmental activities. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Actively participate in problem solving activities, root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Manage payroll on a daily basis and provide details in pass down reports to provide a summary of the shift relative to safety, quality, production numbers, and downtime.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Minimum three years’ production supervisor experience in a union manufacturing environment, preferably in a metal stamping and assembly operation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the production process and be able to function in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience using various problem-solving techniques: fishbone, 5 Why, FMEA…
- Ability to plan, organize and set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle a high degree of pressure. Must be a self-starter with excellent leadership, organizational and administrative skills Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint). PLEX ERP experience a plus.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for a prolonged/extended period
- Will be required to be flexible to work varying shifts, weekends and overtime
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.