Barnes Group Inc in Burlington, Ontario, Canada is seeking an Inside Sales Specialist to correspond with customers, requisition supplies, and complete warehouse related responsibilities to support sales growth initiatives and ensure customer satisfaction. Your primary responsibility is to support the external sales team, respond to customer requests, and enter quotes. In support of the warehouse, we are looking for someone who is a team player and willing to complete daily activities related to materials movement/handling, receiving, loading, unloading, transporting, order filling, shipping, and maintaining warehouse inventory. As needed, you may be asked to visit customers to provide onsite product support, training, installation and/or repairs.
- Support sales staff by entering quotes and orders, processing credits for returned good, documenting quoting errors, and establishing a rapport to ensure future business and the close of sales.
- Contact customers & sales leads using phone and technology to develop new and follow up on identified opportunities. Gain specifications for our products and secure orders.
- Provide support to internal and external customers, including installing and repairing standard products and in house warranty items. Report on trends and common causes of returns.
- Support the warehouse operations, including coordinate and process shipping and receiving orders, and requests for movement of materials and products; Package, load/unload, ship and receive daily orders, as needed.
- Run reports and ensure inventory accuracy (cycle count).
- Prepare work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Recommend process improvements and changes in working conditions to increase efficiency.
- Assist with implementation of work methods and operational procedures.
- Conduct all work assignments in compliance with required safety standards, including following all environmental, health and safety standards and procedures, including properly handling hazardous materials.
- Respond to custom concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience using automated warehouse management operating systems.
- Demonstrated success interacting with customers in person and via the use of technology (phone, computer, etc).
- Able to effectively communicate and follow instructions in oral and written form.
- Strong organization skills; demonstrated ability to prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with the organization and individual goals.
- Ability to adapt when faced with multiple priorities.
- Able to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Able to work well within a team environment and with minimal direct management oversight.
- Able to lift product and packages weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to following and applying required safety practices.
- Experience using mechanical power tools and operating powered industrial vehicles (i.e. lift trucks), preferred.
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.