Maintenance Technician - 1st and 2nd Shifts
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Outstanding opportunity to work as a Maintenance Technician for a well-established company in Plymouth, Minnesota.
This is a direct hire / permanent Maintenance Technician position.
- Provide necessary skills for manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance. Must have the basic skills to repair automated manufacturing equipment for dispensing machines, cappers, fluid and powder material handling systems, bag forming, labeling, printing, case erection, taping, stacking, robotics, heat sealing and conveyors.
- Must have the basic skills to repair and maintain material handling equipment for liquid and powder materials. Basic knowledge of pumps, motors, gear boxes/transmissions, compressed air systems and other related equipment.
- Must have the computer skills to efficiently work within Word, Excel, email systems, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD) and computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
- Must have the skills to read and understand the English language, schematics, electrical and pneumatic diagrams.
- Maintains records in a CMMS for equipment maintenance and operation to satisfy FDA, ISO, OSAHA, ADA, NFPA and IBC standards. Will use the Mainsaver computerized maintenance management system and other programs to maintain documentation to meet these requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
It is expected that the incumbent will have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and set work priorities. From time to time will schedule and direct
vendors/contractors on an occasional basis for maintenance, repair, replacement and testing of equipment and systems, under the supervision of other Production Equipment Maintenance
Technicians, the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
Internal – Daily contact with production maintenance staff and a variety of manufacturing personnel.
External –From time to time will have contact with vendors and contractors with a wide variety of responsibilities to include plumbing, electrical, and production equipment manufacturers, under the supervision of the Facilities & Maintenance Manager and Manufacturing Engineering staff.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer two years vocational college in automation and manufacturing equipment repair and maintenance.
- Entry level to three years of related work experience required.
- Must have understanding and basic working knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment and related systems.
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical diagrams, mechanical diagrams and schematics.
Works on assignments that are simple to moderately complex in nature, setting workload priorities and meeting deadlines. Must have flexibility in ability to work multiple shifts to provide coverage to meet production department demands.
- Must have basic electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills and basic knowledge in the care and use of power equipment. Should possess a good electrical and mechanical aptitude, with knowledge in the operation of automated manufacturing equipment and electronic control systems.
- Knowledge of basic machine designs, process equipment, polymer pumps, and heating systems. Electrical controls including design, panel building, electrical controls, and elementary diagrams.
- Must have the basic knowledge of test equipment used in troubleshooting production equipment, such as volt ohm meters, clamp on amp probes and other related test equipment.
- Must have basic knowledge in machine tools to safely setup and operate equipment.
- Must have basic knowledge in materials used in the manufacture of machines used for medical device manufacturing process.
- Must have the ability to perform the physical requirements of the position. Must be able to walk, stand, crawl, stoop, crouch, bend or reach above and below shoulders height frequently. Requires the ability to lift things such as motors and pumps weighing over 50 pounds. This job requires frequent twisting and turning of the body and the use of both hands.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Requires valid driver’s license.
- Must be familiar with and use of safety practices for equipment lock-out/tag-out and use of personnel protection equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to us a personal computer and be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Will be working with computerized maintenance management system, Mainsaver.
- Will be working with computer aided drawing (CAD) system, AutoCAD.
- Will be working with programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable frequency drives (VFD), AC/DC drives and other electronically controlled equipment.
6am-1:30pm (FLEXIBLE) M-F plus covering other shift vacations