PM Technician / Preventive Maintenance Technician – Pittsburgh, PA
Days/Hours: M-F, 7:30-4:30pm (possibly open to other hours)
Pay Range: $15.00-17.00/hr. Possibly a bit higher.
· Appliance, equipment diagnose & repair skill.
· HVAC skill is attractive.
· Technical school training and Certifications.
· Train on equipment at customer sites.
· Up to 5 hours per day travel, some days drive 100 miles away from home base.
· Must have valid drivers license, clean driving record, insurable (driving a company van).
· Minimum age 21 years.
· 5 uniforms supplied by company.
· Must pass background check.
· Drug screen possible.
· Long term, stable opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities
• Disassemble, re-assemble equipment. Perform scheduled preventive maintenance, overhauls and troubleshooting (restaurant equipment).
• Adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication, testing of commercial food equipment, electrical/mechanical and electronics troubleshooting.
• Operate hand tools, power tools, gauges, and measuring equipment to perform service of the unit.
• Develop solutions in best interests of customer.
• Order parts and complete required paperwork.
• Communicate with customers, field supervisor, dispatchers and employees.
• Vehicle inventory and appearance.
• Diagnose commercial cooking and refrigeration equipment performance - observation, testing, setup.
• Electrical and mechanical experience a plus.
• Learn new technology, maintain equipment following procedures and specifications.
• Give and take written and verbal instructions.
• Complete documents to verify work performed.
• Verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills.
Must meet one of the following requirements:
• High School diploma/GED (Technical School preferred).
• Travel and attend training schools (as applicable).
• Use a handheld device for submitting and receiving work orders.
• Work independently, under pressure, and without close supervision; willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by the job demands.
• Organized, accountable and self-motivated.
• Lift 50-75 lbs. with or without assistance.
• Lift, carry, pull, push components and/or equipment to test, setup or maintain equipment.
• Exposure to noise, heat, cold, slippery and wet conditions.