Job Title: Research and Development Technician / R & D Technician
Location: Redwood City, California
Research and Development Technician position in Redwood City, California.
This position requires a skilled and motivated technician to support the testing of electromechanical surgical equipment and its subcomponents and the ongoing design development projects.
* Setup and execute tests per defined protocol at the component and system level.
* Accurately record, compile, analyze and summarize testing and measurement data.
* Cross-functionally collaborate and communicate with design quality, reliability and R&D engineers to provide updates continuously.
* Work with engineers to develop test methods for assessing product performance and risk analysis.
* Perform validation and verification testing of various parts.
* Support incoming and final inspection for mechanical and electronic components.
* Maintained trained status for and comply with all relevant aspects of Quality Management System to ensure product and support regulatory compliance.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Associate degree in Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineer is desirable.
* Experience testing against a protocol and documenting results.
* 2 or more years of experience in product testing in laboratory and mass product development or manufacturing environments.
* Knowledge in use of standard electronics lab tools including AC/DC meters, oscilloscopes and AC/DC power supplies.
* Experience with PC hardware and software.
* Knowledge of Solidworks is desirable.
* Experience with materials characterization and test results interpretation is preferred.
* Exposure to failure analysis methodology to derive root-cause understanding of failure is preferred.
* Knowledge of industry test standards (ASTM, IEEE, IEC etc.) is preferable.
·Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.