Location: Waukesha, WI
Under supervision of the Applications Engineering (AE) Manager, the Applications Engineer works with the Sales Engineer, customer, and other company personnel to develop concepts for equipment and systems for sale to our customers; determines the selling price and terms for the proposed equipment; and creates accurate and complete proposals for delivery to the customer by the Sales Engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and
responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Work with Sales Engineers, customers, internal and external resources to gather information and define
a solution for the project being proposed
- Work extensively with vendors to determine the performance, interface, price, and delivery time of components to be purchased for a project
- Create proposals that are complete and accurate that meet the company’s goals for profitability within
the time frame allowed
- Create cost estimates that cover the entire cost of a project including labor, parts made in house, parts
purchased from suppliers, and other associated costs
- Produce and modify concept and layout drawings, either 2D or 3D, required for the proposal, either
personally or by utilizing company CAD resources
- Travel as required to customers or vendors
- Meet with company management to review proposals prior to delivery to the customer and implement
- Modify and update existing proposals
- Recommend changes in procedures, design, or equipment where necessary
- Upon receipt of an order, relay all pertinent information to the project team needed to successfully execute the project
- Participate in design reviews and customer meetings as needed throughout the production of the project
- Comply with company policy and all quality and safety regulations
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field, such as electronics, robot or automation technology and five years of experience; or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and three years of experience.
- Experience using or applying various industrial or automation equipment, such as robots, electric motors, servo motors, conveyors, PLC’s and related control systems, specialty machines, gear boxes, pneumatics, bearings, etc.
- Experience developing price estimates or proposals for mechanical or electrical automation equipment.
- Experience developing technical documents describing mechanical systems, how they function, and what components are used to construct them.
- Experience with producing 2D or 3D CAD files using software such as AutoCAD or Solidworks.
- Project Management experience.
- Proficiency with the use of personal computers for general office computing tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Good written and verbal communication
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as machine requirements, customer requirement specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to write quotations, emails, text messages, and business correspondence using proper English.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information, one on one and in group situations, to customers, colleagues, managers, and vendors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to make decisions and propose reasonable solutions to problems when all applicable data is not known
- Proficiency using Windows-based personal computers including common apps such as internet browsers, photo and video viewers, PDF file viewers, online meeting software, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment such as a calculator, telephone, FAX, photocopier, etc
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach above shoulders; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move drawings, files, parts, and manuals weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPANY POLICY/PROCEDURE COMPLIANCE
- Follow all company policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook.
- The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.