Location: Carpentersville, IL
Hands-on engineer to design, develop and supervise all aspects of mechanical control systems, equipment and machinery based on engineering principals to reduce costs and improve production methods for fans, wheels, or blower packages.
- In collaboration with Manufacturing Engineers, perform mechanical design of customized manufacturing automation and safety systems.
- Identify new or specialized automation equipment required for new production or improvements to existing production lines.
- Investigate, analyze and prepare justifications for the purchase of automation equipment. Obtain quotations from vendors; submit capital appropriation requests for the purchase of specific equipment.
- Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are met for all work completed.
- Partner with the Maintenance and Production teams on the installation and debugging of equipment.
- Document work through mechanical drawings, bill of materials, operator instructions and process diagrams.
- Perform other engineering tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar related field
- At least 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Plant automation experience required; must have a good mechanical and controls aptitude of automation and/or electromechanical equipment
- Strong fundamental knowledge of control and machine design for automated factory equipment
- PLC Ladder Logic and HMI Design in Allen-Bradley
- Excellent communication, project management and organizational skills
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise influence without authority
- Proficient in MS Office, Project Management (MS Project) software, SolidWorks or equivalent
- Lean & Six Sigma experience desirable
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.