MRO Buyer (Machine, Repair, and Operations)
- Temp to hire
- Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Job Summary:
- Majority of time will be spent working with reports in Excel.
- Participating in cross-functional team activities.
- Correspondence with suppliers, following up with past due orders and/or expediting new and old purchasing orders (when requested), and dealing with MRO requests for the company.
- Manage the day-to-day operational activities for the Purchasing Department.
- This position is for someone who wants to grow with Purchasing. The candidate must have a strong desire to learn, have a go-getting attitude, show leadership qualities, and be a team player.
- Ability to interface with company and supplier senior management.
- Must have excellent listening and organizational skills as well as presentation and verbal/written communication skills.
- It is important to have Microsoft Office experience (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) with an emphasis on Excel experience in an MRP environment. SAP experience is also desired.
- Work alongside buyers, learning new procurement.
- Supplier Business Forms (tax exemption cert, etc.).
- Running and generating reports.
- Expediting – past due reports.
- Local Purchase Order Maintenance (faxing, acknowledgements, computer updating, SAP attachments).
- Assist in all areas needed for Group Buyer: Order confirmations, invoicing, expediting, reports, closing out orders, order errors, special projects. This position has a major role in keeping company on track with On-Time and Throughput reporting.
- Education and Work Experience:
- Purchasing experience a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects concurrently.
- 2 years’ experience in a business environment.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General