Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate - 373
Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Powertrain Controls Engineer – Intermediate is responsible for new feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms. The Powertrain Controls Engineer - Intermediate will work closely with a cross functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure quality and robustness of the production algorithms.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
- Develop implementation strategies
- Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement
- Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements
- Validate the design during the production process
- Ensure project is on track by developing plans, track progress, and present technical report to management and project chiefs.
- Participate in the decision making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
- BS degree Electrical Engineering is required from an accredited University
- 3-5 years of engineering work experience preferred.
- Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer based tools and process based development, emissions control systems development, and calibration refinement.
- Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience desirable. Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills. Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
- Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/74176-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.