Hughes Springs, TX
The Production Supervisor coordinates, oversees, and helps execute the production schedule according to established procedures, standards, and customer requirements. They ensure employees are trained, assist in planning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensuring there is adequate employee coverage on the production floor.
- Reviewing and reporting absent or late team member.
- Ensuring production paperwork is correctly filled out and submitted.
- Ensures that all products meet customer specifications.
- Directing and assigning work as needed to meet production goals.
- Provide training and development to new and existing employees to cultivate high performing teams.
- Work with HR and Management to hold employees accountable for attendance, performance, and productivity.
- Ensuring employees' times are accurate and reporting time issues to HR immediately.
- Notifying Manager/Maintenance of any equipment malfunctions or problems that are impeding production.
- Ensures that all safety related concerns are communicated and addressed.
- Ensures all employees are operating equipment according to procedures.
- Ensuring employees are wearing all necessary PPE.
- Ensuring production floor is always clean and organized.
- Ensures all employees are following GMPs.
- Reporting any food safety and/or quality concerns to management.
- Ensures all activities are aligned with company Core Values.
- Conducting 6S evaluations.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual, and reliable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 years related manufacturing experience.
- 2 years supervisory experience (preferably in food manufacturing).
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
- Able to read and write English.
- Able to write legibly.
- Detail Oriented and ability to review documentation for errors.
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable FDA and USDA regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external personnel.
- Possess an innovative, resourceful, and proactive disposition, committed to ensuring continuous improvement of our processes.
- Ability to find effective solutions to daily issues through communication and collaboration.
- Ability to recommend modifications to existing quality or production standards.
- Adaptable to a fast-paced, shifting work environment.
- Flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, and scheduling needs.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Capable of maintaining mental calmness, composure in the face of resistance or contrary opinions.
- Capable of coaching, developing and growing employees.
- Ability to build a successful team by building an environment of trust.
- Ability to adapt to customer and employee needs, requests, and environment conditions.
- Ability to identify the most effective team alignment to enhance performance.
- Follow-up and follow through with discipline.
- Initiate action and achieve goals.
- Organized, detailed and able to follow practices/procedures.
- Able to review, understand and production orders.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- The physical demands of the position which may include taking notes and recording information on paper and computer; carrying and inspecting necessary equipment unassisted (Up to 40lbs); and other physical duties as directed by management.
- The employee will regularly be required to communicate and converse with employees, maintain a stationary position (standing and sitting), move/traverse, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms for extended periods. The employee will be required to operate in close quarters, narrow spaces, small rooms, and passageways on a daily basis, and will be exposed to a cold manufacturing environment (34-36 degrees F), machinery, pallet jack traffic, and loud noise.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.