Job Title: Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with other members of the HR team supporting the overall mission of the organization. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: payroll, onboarding, benefits administration, recruitment/employment, employment law compliance, and general office administration.
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain and process, weekly payroll for all employees.
- Onboarding of newly hired employees and enter new hire paperwork in HRIS.
- Coordinate health, life and disability insurance enrollments and communicates with service providers concerning routine administration.
- General administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Contact list updates
- Directing calls (Operator back up calls)
- Reconcile/validate data entry to ensure data integrity
- Support routine reporting requests – monthly/weekly reports
- Petty Cash reconciliation
- Keep employee records up-to-date by processing employee status changes in the HRIS system in a timely fashion.
- Assist in recruitment process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, performing reference checks and telephone interviews.
- Maintain listing of approved positions along with assigned salary grade levels.
- Include updates to Org Chart
- Support initiatives and activities from employee and manager training, which is facilitated by HR.
- May support company-sponsored employee events as directed
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned Job Functions.
- Complete all work tasks in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with company safety standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or at least 3 years Human Resources experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Paychex Flex Payroll and HRIS a plus
- Previous benefit administration a plus
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated commitment to working with people and support for the Kappus mission
- Must meet one of the following requirements:
- Accredited High School diploma/GED.
- Able to travel and attend training schools and recruitment events (as applicable).
- Ability to work independently, under pressure, and without close supervision; willing and able to consistently work the schedule required by the job demands.
- Must be organized, accountable and self-motivated.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Must have high initiative, integrity, strong work ethic, good communication, analytical skills, and interpersonal communication skills
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification required
- Ability to lift 10-25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Able to lift, carry, pull and push equipment/furniture for event setup.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, stand, walk, twist, grasp to perform essential job functions.