Field Service Technician
Location: Columbus, OH
Position Overview: The Field Service Technician is a member of the North American Support Team for Company’s State of The Art Liquid Packaging Business. Working within an integrated team of Sales, Field Support, Product Support, and Engineering Support, the Field Service Engineer will proactively solve problems with our liquid packaging machines, primarily in a customer environment. Specific responsibilities include troubleshooting, rebuilding, configuration, installation, commissioning, training, preventive maintenance and overall support of existing equipment and applications including service documentation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Working closely in a team environment to support external and internal customers to achieve business excellence.
- Traveling to customer sites to install, repair or perform preventive maintenance on liquid packaging equipment.
- Providing remote support to customer and peers troubleshooting packaging equipment problems.
- Reading and understanding mechanical assembly drawings, bill of materials, electrical schematics, etc.
- Prepare detailed and accurate service call reports to ensure a complete history of service activity at customer locations.
- Work directly with Product Support specialists at the Worthington, OH location when not traveling performing various task which include, but are not limited to, machine assembly, refurbishment, remote customer support, etc.
- Other duties and projects as assigned, including creation or proof/edit of service procedures and other documentation.
Experience & Qualifications:
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience in field service on a national or international level. Experience with VFFS and aseptic packaging preferred, but not required.
Specific skills: Required demonstrated success in the support of complex electric, pneumatic, and mechanical systems, paired with diagnosis of Allen Bradley PLC driven control systems.
Equipment & Machinery: Allen Bradley PLC, ability to connect PLC’s for use of troubleshooting of liquid filling systems is preferred.
Computer Experience & Software: Must have working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.