Maintenance Mechanics (Fairfield)
Hiring Manager: Maintenance Manager
Pay Range: $25.21-$27.48 (DOE)
Shift: All shifts
Start Date: ASAP
- Maintain production equipment in proper operating condition.
- Perform work on mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems, as well as, various electronic control applications.
- Fabricate and install sheet metal guards, chutes and other pieces of in-house made equipment to help make our plant safe and more reliable and clean for a more efficient on going operation.
- Respond to “floor calls” in a timely manner.
- Handle all breakdowns in an efficient manner.
- Coordinate with production operators and Maintenance Foreman to resolve breakdown issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties as assigned.
- Perform other Maintenance tasks such as rebuilding pumps, sewing machines and other pieces of line equipment.
- Report to Maintenance Foreman or Purchasing Agent any shortage of parts or any special needs.
- Adhere to and support all company policies relating to Safety, Quality, GMP, SQF, and Production.
Qualifications: In short, jack of all trades.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing union environment, preferably food related.
- Solid understanding of electronics, electrical systems, hydraulics and mechanical applications; experience with refrigeration is a plus.
- Able to perform various types of welding: TIG, MIG, arc, gas.
- Familiar with applicable hand tools and shop equipment.
- Able to work any shift, weekly overtime and weekends.
- Energetic (upbeat) with good attitude
- Team player (and work independently)
- Problem solver (can think on the spot)
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.