Manufacturer is looking for a motivated and talented Sales Development Representative (SDR) to join our team and support our sales growth. Your primary responsibility is to generate leads that can be converted by the sales team into qualified opportunities and set the pace for the sales cycle. You are responsible for identifying, researching, and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target industries and developing relationships with prospects to become an initial point of contact. This is not a silo position. We need an energetic individual, committed to collaboration with sales and marketing teams, and delivering messaging and product guidance to the sales and product development leaders to proactively drive overall sales performance. The SDR is expected to report on qualification and engagement activities and stay thoroughly informed on all opportunities to introduce new products in an assigned industry. You need to understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect, leverage your ability to think out-of-the-box, dig deep into industries for opportunities to apply our solutions, and initiate informative two-way conversations with prospects. In support of sales, you are responsible for maintaining availability of marketing collateral and literature.
- Profile target industries key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle.
- Effectively communicate the company’s value proposition to prospective customers.
- Disseminate opportunities to the Sales Operations Leader, educating as necessary about the potential.
- Promoting and marketing to prospective clients through extensive and persistent cold calling, email, and other virtual communications.
- Track, use and maintain accurate activity and lead qualification information in CRM application to identify, research, report, and share with sales to track and close leads.
- Manage vendor relationships for catalogs and collateral materials and maintain technical sales data for all catalog product lines.
- Support and coordinate local and national events, introduction meetings.
- Collaborate with division marketing resources for meaningful and timely digital marketing content.
- Perform other sales and marketing duties as assigned by manager.
- 2-4 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales and/or sales
- Three to five years of progressive experience in technical or branded sales; manufacturing industries preferred.
- Able to understand, articulate, and present the value proposition to targeted/niche customers. Ability to understand technical information and convey to target audiences with well written marketing content.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. A great writer, speaker, and listener. Strong social media and engagement skills including strong LinkedIn and other social media posting capabilities. Always conducts self in a professional manner, with strong Emotional Intelligence, and able to interact with all levels in the organization.
- An obsession with prospect happiness and ability to set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or comparable CRM strongly desired.
- Strong understanding of sales development and lead development best practices and procedures.
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Able to change plans and demonstrate flexibility when necessary.
- Experience managing and negotiating with third party vendors.
- Results focused and attention to detail.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Able to utilize resources (ie. Google Search, LinkedIn, etc) to research and analyze assigned markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), required; experience using Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications preferred.