Sr Mold Designer
Designs thermoplastic/thermoset injection molds to be built at local tool shops or in-house, and provides technical support, guidance, and training to the design and engineering groups with regard to mold design issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs highly complex thermoplastic/thermoset injection molds (with complex special features) to produce automotive lighting parts in accordance with company manufacturing standards and customer product requirements.
- Researches and recommends design software and computer workstations for mold design purposes.
- Coordinates and/or participates in the development and maintenance of thermoplastic/thermoset injection mold design standards as well as the mold design standard manual.
- Works closely with Tool Engineers and the tool room staff at the Lighting Plants to ensure proper mold design for ease of maintenance and workability.
- Provides technical support, guidance, and training to the Mold Designers and Tooling Engineers for new mold designs implemented into production.
- Provides technical support for continuous improvement of injection mold development.
- Stays current with latest design software improvements and upgrades.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet one of the following Education and Experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tool and Manufacturing Technology or a related discipline, plus 4 to 6 years of manufacturing experience in Thermoplastic/Thermoset injection mold design; OR
- Associate’s Degree in Tool and Manufacturing Technology or a related discipline, plus 6 to 8 years of manufacturing experience in Thermoplastic/Thermoset injection mold design; OR
- High School Diploma or GED, plus 8 to 10 years of manufacturing experience in Thermoplastic/ Thermoset injection mold design
- Experience in automotive lighting and in a JIT manufacturing environment is preferred
- Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills in standard business software (including MS Office programs)
- Thermoplastic/Thermoset injection mold design skills using CAD/CAM software
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Interpersonal skills — to confidently interact with individuals at all levels of authority
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.