PROGRAM MANAGER- AUTOMOTIVE
Livonia, MI, US
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
As an active participant in the sales process the Program Manager will be responsible for part number tracking, design change tracking, providing basic technical support to customers and managing the pre-production delivery process. This will include interfacing with customers during all phases of a project as well as assisting to identify new business opportunities. This position will also require a basic ability to use AutoCad to help communicate harness design change information to the manufacturing facility where official drawings will be created. The individual will need to have the ability to cultivate relationships with customer representatives, especially in the engineering community. This includes a full understanding of Customer Specific Requirements. Close teamwork with Company Sales personnel will also be necessary.
- Act as the design change interface between external and internal customers.
- Communicate design changes to the factories via AutoCad (not full drawing creation).
- Manage pre-production delivery schedules and facilitate internal pre-production orders with factories.
- Meet with customers to provide basic technical support and gain a clear understanding of product designs.
- Help the Sales department to identify new business opportunities.
- Provide technical information and advice on industry trends.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer interaction - gain an understanding of needs/challenges- 20%
Track and manage all part numbers and design change levels- 15%
Communicate design changes to Company factories- 15%
Manage pre-production schedules and on-time deliveries- 20%
Identification of new business opportunities- 10%
Facilitate internal cross-functional meetings- 10%
Other duties as assigned- 10%
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Basic ability to use AutoCad to modify harness drawings
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to work independently with a strong work ethic
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent automotive PM experience
Minimum 5 years of automotive industry experience.
Previous experience in applications engineering or program management.
Previous experience with automotive electrical harnesses preferred.
This position may require traveling up to 20%
This position requires lifting up to 25 pounds frequently.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.