Cost Accountant - 3175
Santa Maria, CA
The Cost Accountant prepares, records, analyzes and reports on material, labor, or other expenses to determine production costs, cost of sales, and other cost-related performance measures. This role also participates in the month-end closing. The cost accountant is at the site level.
Summary of Duties:
- Collect and analyze data to determine production costs by performing the following:
- Variance Analysis
- Cost of Goods Sold Analysis
- Standard Costing
- Overhead & Labor Rate Calculation
- Inventory Valuation Analysis
- Ad-hoc financial analysis
- Prepare financial reports and give recommendations based on available data
- Prepare audit reports and present findings to management to improve transparency
- Participate in period end closing and perform journal entries and GL account analysis Perform account reconciliations to drive accuracy in inventory cycle. Familiar with Bill of Materials (BOM) & Routings.
- Collaborate with internal and external auditors on cost accounting concepts
- 6+ years’ experience in an accounting department (specifically doing budget and forecasting) for a large manufacturer.
- Computer Skills:
- Familiarity with Windows Operating System.
- Demonstrated solid understanding/use of Microsoft Office products including: Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge/use of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SAP
- Other Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Understanding of organizational accounting concepts
- In-depth knowledge of financial guidelines and regulations
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Ability to perform risk and security assessments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate with other different functions and foster teamwork
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.