Manufacturer seeking a Purchasing Manager to lead and drive improvements in the relationships with, and quality compliance for, current and new suppliers, vendors, and service provides. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of purchasing to support the organization’s operations efficiently and cost-effectively. This role requires a commitment to on-time delivery, effective planning and prioritizing skills, proactive verbal and written communication with all stakeholders, and meaningful collaboration with all departments.
- Establish, implement, and execute purchasing policies, procedures and best practices.
- Direct procurement policies to ensure all items are purchased and delivered within budget and deadlines.
- Manage vendor and supplier compliance with internal quality standards and external regulations.
- Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies.
- Issue purchase orders for authorization and compliance with organizational policy and procedures.
- Manage risk to quality, cost, delivery, and supply of purchases.
- Develop, negotiate, and administer purchasing agreements and contracts with suppliers and service providers in support of organizational requirements.
- Identify and source new suppliers and vendors, monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements, and measure and manage the vendor and supplier cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Collaborate with other departments to manage inventory requirements.
- Track and report key functional metrics for expense management and supplier performance, and monitor and forecast price and market trends.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement of purchasing processes in line with changing organizational needs and market conditions.
- Other duties as required to support sales growth and ongoing supply of required resources to support day-to-day operations.
- 5+ years’ experience in the procurement of materials/equipment/supplies and the development and review of contracts.
- Proven working experience as purchasing manager; within a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management.
- Experience with vendor/supplier contract negotiation and networking.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate an ability to deliver results and engage with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to gather and analyze data and present it to others in understandable terms.
- Strong planning, prioritizing, and organizing skills.
- Strong judgement and sound decision-making skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Other insurance options
- Company contribution to HSA plan
- 401K with company match
- Annual Incentive Program
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business