Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Hands-on engineer to lead the analysis of production problems, establish and improve manufacturing methods and address equipment and tooling needs to reduce costs and improve product quality on fans, wheels, or blower packages.
- Under general direction, troubleshoot and analyze manufacturing problems and implement corrective actions for high quality, efficient manufacturing solutions.
- Analyze workflow, work methods, and plant and department layouts for improved product flow in production.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities, conduct required time studies and implement required changes.
- Identify tools, jigs, fixtures, or other new or special equipment required for new production or improvements to existing production lines.
- Investigate, analyze, and prepare justifications for the purchase of manufacturing equipment. Obtain quotations from vendors; submit capital appropriation requests for the purchase of specific equipment.
- Collaborate with the Maintenance and Production teams on the installation and debugging of equipment.
- Develop and maintain product routings.
- Develop visual and written work guidelines.
- Perform other manufacturing engineering tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering. Sheet metal fabrication experience preferred; must have a good mechanical aptitude of general machinery.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, project management and organizational skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise influence without authority
- Experience in CNC programming desirable
- MS Project experience desirable
- Lean & Six Sigma experience desirable
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.