Engineer II - 3133
Interface with external and internal customers to establish engineering and technical limitations and applications for designs, materials, and manufacturing assembly process development and validation. Communicates knowledge of current and proposed projects to develop standards for design and production. Supports standard parts qualification and process and product audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate and coordinate with customer to develop manufacturing processes and design solutions.
- Identify, communicate and implement new manufacturing processes, design requirements and/or design solutions.
- Document and release assembly processes for all approved parts per customer change process.
- Ensure application of business unit best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Ensure compliance to manufacturing processes and design requirements.
- Support Industrialization of new processes and products.
- Perform Process and Product Audits
- Supports Supplier Production Readiness Audits.
- Collaborate and coordinate Manufacturability, Producibility and Proof of Concept Projects.
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing processes and design issues.
- Support the manufacturing processes and design optimization through commonality, cost, weight, producibility, and maintainability of design.
- Perform assigned tasks meeting the organization's expectations for quality, schedule and process compliance.
- Regular, predictable attendance is required.
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent engineering degree
- 3 - 5 years of experience in an engineering classification
- Electrical/Mechanical design or installation experience (preferred)
- 2 years experience in Manufacturing
- Wire Harness Manufacturing experience (preferred)
- Aerospace industry experience (preferred)
- CAD design (preferred)
- Ability to effectively communicate and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of engineering principles, theories, technologies, and concepts within the industry.
- Understanding of design requirements flow, validation and compliance verification.
- Knowledge of Fabrication/Manufacturing processes for applicable designs.
- Working knowledge integrating engineering designs with manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of configuration management
- Capability to integrate designs.
- Able to understand technical data.
- Capable of resolving manufacturing and design issues by means of problem solving methodologies.
- Fluent in English (Written and verbal).
- Ability to work with MS Office computer applications.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.