Ammonia/HVAC Technician - 2nd Shift
Bartlett, IL, US
- Conducts daily ammonia system inspection, maintain accurate inspection records and maintain PSM program records.
- Acquire and maintain Ammonia Refrigeration Operator Certifications.
- Able to proficiently diagnose, repair, replace and/or overhaul all mechanical components for numerous types of equipment to include but not limited to Ammonia equipment as well as facility equipment, electrically operated equipment, variable speed controllers, hydraulic equipment, air compressors, air handlers, steam systems, chillers systems, HVAC and related software programs, etc.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production and facility equipment during machine service.
- Possess mechanical and troubleshooting knowledge and skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, steam systems and electrical operation, process and control systems including both building electrical and machine electrical panels.
- Reads and interprets equipment operation and parts manuals, electrical schematics, blueprints and can perform computer tasks related to work order, PM's and service orders.
- Complete and submit daily job related documentation written or computerized data entry pertaining to job task performance, downtime, spare parts usage, preventative maintenance & work orders.
- Day to day troubleshooting, repair and installation of low and high voltage industrial electromechanical and control systems for all facility utilities.
- Assist with project and system startups and operational checkouts on systems.
- Adhere to Company work rules, GMPs, Safety processes, procedures and rules as well as ; comply with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical training; in HVAC or Ammonia and / or Must acquire Industrial Ammonia system Certificates
- 3-5 years of work related experience is preferred but not required
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Ability to deal tactfully and courteously/inter-departmentally as well as with co-workers and vendors)
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, maintain, and repair complex mechanical, HVAC and Ammonia systems
- Must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as needed
- Able to work well independently, self motivated and as a team member
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50 lbs., carrying tools and supplies, kneeling and stooping and standing on feet for long periods of time
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.