Jonesville, MI, USA
Responsible for interfacing with both internal and external customers, to ensure that quality expectations are met.
- Responsible for trouble shooting root cause analysis, SPC data analysis, implementation and maintain up to date documentations related to APQP documentation
- Ensures that products and processes at all stages of manufacturing are conforming to all Customer standards and requirements.
- Conduct and where necessary, lead in the improvement of capability studies and gauge R & R analysis
- Create quality documents in compliance with the company's quality system manual and quality system standards
- Participate and coordinate the Team Oriented Problem Solving (corrective and preventive actions)
- Participate and coordinate Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Coordinate and responsible for PPAP submissions within specified timeframe
- Review and make recommendations for the disposition of non-conforming/suspect products in a timely manner and ensure formal corrective actions are answered within customers guidelines
- Contribute and assist in variability reduction, process improvement and continuous improvement
- Notify internal and external customers of potential problems and make recommendations for resolutions
- Contribute and participate in the Quality System and the Environmental System to meet customer requirements and the international standards
- Maintain SPC charts and ensure that SPC points are within capability range or initiate action to bring back into range
- Contribute to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, safety concerns, unsuitability of standard material and difficult coordination requirements
- Coordinate project activities with other department's personnel to facilitate participation of appropriate staff in project completion
- Review project related documentation to ensure its accuracy
- Ensure time management is executed in the completion of all projects/ duties
- Assist with the needs of the customer in internal functions in addressing quality system requirements
- Track customer satisfaction measurable and communicate to appropriate personnel and/or management
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Company Employee Handbook
- 50% Office environment, 50% Plant floor (PPE required)
- Constant communication with employees, peers, and management
- Overtime as required
Required Education and Experience:
- Community College courses in Quality related field
- Proficient understanding of APQP and PPAP processes
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- Minimum 3 - 4 years' experience in similar role
- Knowledgeable in welding processes; CWB Inspector qualification an asset
- Through knowledge of blue print reading and interpretation of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Proficient in the understanding and use of Statistical process control (SPC), Stamping and Welding processes
- Proficient in the use of measuring equipment (i.e. venires, micrometer, height gauges, profile projector, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level of time management
*MUST BE AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.*
- Working in a great team environment.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance.
- 401K with company match.
- Short term and long term disability coverage.
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement.
- Supplier discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.