Tool & Die Maker- 2nd Shift
Jonesville, MI, USA
Analyses tooling problems and improvement opportunities, troubleshoots stamping dies, repairs stamping dies, operates machine tools, and disassembles and assembles dies, fixtures, and gauges.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to five years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Tool and Die Apprenticeship Certification/Journeyman's Card
- Forklift Operator License and Crane Operator License
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), CAD software, and KeyCreator software
- Must have excellent communication, problem solving, organization, time management, and decision making skills
- Must be able to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize
- Must have a good knowledge of the English language
- Knowledge of Customer Specific Requirements
- Knowledge of ISO 9001/IATF 16949
- Analyzes and troubleshoots tooling problems and recommends improvements to manual, progressive, and transfer metal stamping dies
- Develop and produce new build tooling components as per detail drawings
- Utilize applicable measuring equipment, work instructions, and control plans to complete tasks
- Assist in quoting and design activities as required
- Run tryout presses and production presses safely and effectively
- Competently operate all tooling equipment
- Provides diagnosis of die repair requirements and damage, as well as solutions to dimensional problems with stamping dies
- Provide accurate progressive, transfer, and prototyping tool and die components as per drawings provided
- Make necessary corrections to stamping dies to bring dies to correct dimensional status
- Set up and operate machine tools for tool repair and improvement
- Weld dies as required
- Assist production with die problems and tooling improvements
- Record daily job numbers and hours at computer terminal in designated area. All data must be entered into eMaintenance system
- Record and report product damage/nonconformities to supervisor
- Any other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Tooling Manager
- Abide by all Company polices including, but not limited to the following: Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental Systems, Human Resources policies, and the Company Employee Handbook
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to use mathematics in the performance of the manufacture and repair of metal stamping tools, gages, and fixtures. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and provide continuous improvement solutions to mechanical and theoretical problems with tools, dies, gages, and fixtures. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- 100% Plant Floor (PPE Required)
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, stand, hear, and lift/move up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to reach and talk. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, and crouch or kneel.
Health and Safety:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company and plant rules, policies and procedures
- Must use or wear Personal Protective Equipment and certain clothing as required by the Company
- This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of duties and responsibilities required for this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match
- Short-term disability coverage
- Safety shoe and prescription safety glasses reimbursement
- Training Opportunities
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.