Human Resources Generalist II - 3206
Grand Prairie, TX
Maintain Employee relation tasks including benefits, salary administration, payroll processing, recognition programs and recruitment; Federal and State compliance, training and development, payroll tasks, and other tasks as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and conduct recruiting process from requisition to hire.
- Conduct the new hire process: including background checks, drug screens, and new hire in processing.
- Coordinate attendance in the New Employee orientation
- Provide sound solutions regarding employee relations, training & development, recruitment & retention, new hire orientation.
- Ensure management provides appropriate records and information for personnel transactions such as new hires, promotions, transfers & terminations.
- Administer Employee Recognition and Service award programs
- Oversee Drug & Alcohol Prevention Programs including enrollment to appropriate program, review of history if applicable, training, Random Testing
- Administer payroll process
- Ensure compliance with EEO, VETS-100, AAP and DOL as well as investigating all issues that can arise from related policies.
- Calculate and provide information requested by employment verifications.
- Assist in special projects and special events, such as Town Hall Meetings, employee receptions, and other events and projects as needed.
- Provide support and assistance to management and internal customers
- Provide back-up and support to management for Environment Health and Safety activities.
- Provide back-up assistance to colleagues in the department
- Assist HR Team with reporting and special projects
- Stay aware of ever-changing laws and regulations
- Maintain internal communications by distribution and dissemination of benefits, organizational, management, and corporate news
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company’s policies, and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
Skills and Abilities:
- Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional – Advanced – Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations must be interpreted, adapted, and applied to unique requirements of the organization (Implies occupational training, experience or expertise).
- Intermediate – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ADP Payroll systems.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Job knowledge
- Knowledge of SA business
- Organizational awareness
- Regulatory compliance (Knowledge of human resources law & policies applicable in the US)
- Hiring skills
- Training management
- Career Development
- Workplace psychology
- Internal and External communication
- Compensation & Benefits
- Health Safety and Security
- Leadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
- Change agent
- Communication skills
- Ability to manage and solve conflicts
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Customer oriented
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.