Electrical Assembler III / IV
Location: Northern Milwaukee, WI
- Perform wiring and assembly operations for machinery and integrated systems, involving the connection of intricate apparatus and fairly complex circuits.
- Planning, machine layout, wiring of electrical panels, general fabrication, assembly, plumbing and placement of valves for air and water lines.
- Read and interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, specifications, layouts to determine materials requirements, and assembly operations.
- Designing, fabricating and welding of brackets for control cabinets, light curtains, guarding, switches, etc.
- Assist with testing operations on machinery and complete cells, calibration and regulation of units and final assemblies to meet load capacities and operating requirements.
- May also assist with de-bugging of machinery and integrated systems.
- Assembly of parts, weldments, & subassemblies per engineering specifications in an accurate and timely manner. Accomplished through reading and interpreting electrical & pneumatics prints to determine procedures and assembly sequences.
- In coordination with supervisor or lead, layout machines both electrically & pneumatically to meet customer specifications. Basic troubleshooting to eliminate problems.
- Tasks will also include the layout, wiring, and general building of electrical panels along with troubleshooting the panels with appropriate measurement equipment such as a multimeter.
- During assembly of parts, subassemblies and other mechanisms, extra bracketry will need to be fabricated.
- Adjustments to tooling in support of machinery.
- Debug, create, update, and/or complete documentation as required for this position.
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent (associates degree in automation or another electrical field would be beneficial).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience demonstrating a broad understanding of wiring machinery and electrical panels.
- Understanding of electrical principles and wiring practices along with mechanical aptitude.
- Read blueprints, interpret electrical symbols, understand various operating, maintenance, and procedure manuals, and use various precision measuring / testing equipment to validate and troubleshoot.
- Operate portable power tools and machine tools such as drill press, band saw, cut-off saw and grinder.
- Experience using a forklift and overhead crane is beneficial but not required.
- Carpentry, pneumatics, and hydraulics is beneficial but not required.
- Working with computers is required and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is beneficial.
- Experience/training with PLC logic/programming, robotics, welding (MIG or resistance) beneficial not required.
- Basically work independently.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (safety glasses, shoes, gloves, etc.).
- High level of accuracy is required.
- Must have hand-eye coordination and be able to work in an environment where standing is the norm.
- Travel to customer sites (some travel international) for installation and service requirements. This travel can be up to 25% of the time but on average throughout the year will be near 10%.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General