Purchasing Assistant (Manufacturing)
Long-term temp assignment
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Wage: $18 - $22/hour
Manage day-to-day operational activities for the purchasing department. Responsible for correspondences with suppliers, following up with past due orders and or expediting new and old purchase orders, when requested. Other key responsibilities include participating in cross-functional team activities.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Assist in all areas needed for Buyer: Order Confirmations, Invoicing, expediting, reports, closing out orders, order errors, special projects. This position has a major role in keeping the group on track with On-Time and Throughput reporting.
- Local Purchase Order Maintenance (faxing, acknowledgements updating and SAP attachments).
- Expediting - past due report.
- Running and generating reports.
- Supplier Business Forms (tax exemption cert, etc.).
- Working alongside buyers, learning about procurement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience:
- Experience in an MRP environment; SAP.
- Well-rounded and a team player, able to see the big picture.
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
- Ability to interface with company and supplier senior management.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects concurrently.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Great listening and organizational skills.
- Ambitious, career oriented, energetic, self-motivated, and results driven.
- 2 years’ experience in business environment.
- Purchasing experience is a plus
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General