Prototype Build Engineer – Senior - 357
Auburn Hills, MI
The Battery Pack Build Planning and Coordination Lead supports creation and execution of ordering and receipt of full battery pack bill of material, verification of components to design requirements, prototype assembly process and verification of complete battery pack assemblies. The Battery Pack Build Planning and Coordination Lead will work closely with the Design Release Engineer, Production Validation Engineer, Project Chief Engineering, Program management team and production manufacturing team to ensure battery back B-samples are completed on-time to the highest level of quality with traceability for assembly processes. Full coordination with prototype purchasing for receipt of parts on time, confirmation of parts to design intent. This position will require strong organizational and data analysis skills to develop build plans and organize logistics related to receipt of parts and shipping of final assemblies.
The position responsibilities include:
- Manage receipt of full bill of material for battery pack assemblies.
- Establish prototype assembly process sheets that should follow the intent of the production
- assembly process.
- Document and provide traceability of pack assemblies for fastener torque, proper routing of wiring, confirmation of assembly sequences and routings, quality control and other assembly related functions.
- Provide feedback to engineering and manufacturing teams in regard to ergonomics, potential issue (wiring routing over sharp edges) utilizing open issues and problem analysis and recommended solutions.
- Validation of Process Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis. Confirmation of end of line sealing, pack basic function, software loading, and initial state of charge per the design requirements.
- Provide verification of packaging and shipping dunnage.
- Verification of field issues related to assembly processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET- accredited/equivalent university
- Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design, development and/or testing
- Good understanding of automotive OEM design and manufacturing, including:
- Product design
- Product assembly
- Component assembly of complete designs
- Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing
- Working knowledge of assembly processes:
- End of line testing
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business, as accredited by ABET or ABET equivalent.
- Experience in the full product life cycle
- Experience in component manufacturing and processes
- Knowledge of FCA production release systems.
- Battery specific background in design and/or validation.
- Shainin Reactive Blackbelt certification
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.