Validation Engineer – Senior - 615
Auburn Hills, MI
The Validation Engineer's responsibilities include performing verification and validation of automotive systems to meet federally regulated guidelines for software performance (OBD), safety requirements, manufacturability, and vehicle functionality. The Validation team is responsible for the validation of hardware, software, and vehicle functionality. Responsible for developing master DVP's for Vehicle Validation, creating and managing DVP&R's, the test procedures (including maintaining traceability of test artifacts to requirements), and initial root cause analysis activities. Additionally, the team is responsible for properly documenting test procedures and developing new tests as appropriate to enhance coverage. The Validation Engineer shall ensure test properties functionality for validating the appropriate functions, performing the tests and entering test results at all I-Points for all programs. The engineer will clearly document issues in PITS or GIM, and provide Validation Project Chief all DVP&R results and open issues found. The validation engineer provides leadership in the areas of formulation and implementation of testing strategies including traceability from requirements to results to achieve broader testing capabilities across multiple vehicle platforms.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET- accredited/equivalent university
- Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design, development and/or testing
- Good understanding of automotive OEM hardware validation test procedures, including:
- Working knowledge of test apparatus and sensors, including:
- Electrical current
- Experience in problem solving, including fault detection/fault isolation
- Strong technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Google Suite Experience
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to work Flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business, as accredited by ABET or ABET equivalent.
- Experience in the full product life cycle
- Experience in DRBTR
- Knowledge of FCA hardware validation test procedures and standards.
- Battery specific background in design and/or validation.
- Shainin Reactive Blackbelt certification
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.