Title: Controls Vision Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
- Evaluation, testing, and implementation of vision systems for component assembly verification.
- Install and maintain vision systems and specialized sensor applications.
- Develop and maintain standard components, software, and design for vision systems.
- Executes software product design, feasibility studies, preparation of specifications, and technical documentation.
- Perform debug and commissioning support at customer sites and stations in house.
- Prepare software documentation for customer approval and final documentation.
- Address potential problems and carry out appropriate actions individually or propose solutions to the project manager depending on the severity of the problem.
- Support of vision aided measurement/evaluation systems.
- Attend critical project timing meetings.
- Supports communication with customers, suppliers, and company project team regarding all vision issues in assigned projects in support of the project team.
- Effectively represent the company product to the customer, conduct customer training when appropriate.
- The Vision systems that we use are:
- Cognex / Cognex Hand Scanners
- Associate Engineering Based Degree REQUIRED
- Bachelors BSEE – PREFERRED
- 4+ Years of Powertrain Assembly Applications
- 1+ Vision Controls Programming / Commissioning / Vision Evaluations / Camera Set-Ups / Debugging
- Powertrain / BIW Controls Experience - HIGHLY PREFERRED
- 40% Travel: "local" customer facilities in Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, and Canada (Mexico and/or Brazil)
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal / customer relation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Commitment to quality and high standards.
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.