Title: Sr. FEA Engineer
Location: Southfield, MI
We are searching for a highly skilled and talented Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Engineer for the department of Automation Systems. In this role, you will be responsible for the creation and documentation of FEA models and analyses. You will also need to lead/train FEA suppliers/contractors. This position involves high amount o
- Lead the creation and analysis of FEA models for structures of automatic tools for assembly lines.
- Lead and train suppliers to meet project requirements and deliverables.
- Work with design engineers and project engineers for the design reinforcements.
- Find root causes of failed products and provide technical solutions.
- Work to develop details of modeling plan with customer depending on their discipline.
- Assess and document modeling processes.
- Develop modeling strategies and any additional enhancements to the software.
- Create purchase requests (PR) for the projects that outsourced and follow-up with status of payment
- BS Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- Knowledge of FEA.
- Knowledge of mechanics and strength of materials.
- Knowledge of sophisticated FEA software, specifically Hyperworks and ABAQUS.
- Knowledge of CAD software (Catia, NX) is preferred.
- Knowledge in the Automotive field, specifically automated tooling systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint – Intermediate level.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact cross-culturally and cross functionally.
- Strong teamwork skills necessary for cooperation and collaboration with coworkers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills needed for presentation, reports and garnering resources for project.
- Ability to develop model plans related to specific customer and deliver deadlines.
- Ability to use basic root cause analysis to solve customer issues.
- 5+ years’ experience of FEA.
- Experience in the Automotive field, specifically automated tooling systems.
- Knowledge of sophisticated FEA software in addition to Hyperworks and ABAQUS.
- 8+ years’ experience of FEA.
- Management skills (supplier management).
- 5+ years’ experience in the Automotive field, specifically automated tooling systems.
- "Hands-on" design experience.
- Advanced Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering is preferred.
- PE Certified