Position Overview: The Project Engineer is responsible for developing and organizing project & budget schedules and delivering expected results for all assigned projects in collaboration with internal resources and end-customers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the technical performance of suppliers in the manufacturing of injection molded components including new, repaired and/or transferred molds. Drive tooling fabrication and process optimization using scientific injection molding principles, validation, and production release. Includes process improvement opportunities and innovation on commercial products.
- Management of multiple projects from feasibility through implementation including charter & scope, detailed plan, defined schedule, risks mitigation, progress reports and cost management. Escalate project risks to management, as required. In addition, plans, organizes, and conducts all aspects of technical reviews.
- Contributor to Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input during product development phases including plastic part design and mold design & construction.
- Support tooling and processing troubleshooting, and drive problem solving with suppliers and internal workstreams.
- Ensure proper documentation is completed to meet quality system requirements.
- Participate cross-functionally (Engineering, Quality, Sales, and Operations) and across manufacturing sites to support strategies including capacity, supplier sourcing, logistics, equipment, and processes to meet key business goals.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field required. Master’s degree and Project Management Professional certification is preferred.
Experience: Minimum of six years of experience in providing technical engineering support in a regulated industry.
Specific skills: Strong proven leadership and successful project management skills. Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment and communicate health of projects effectively. Demonstrated track record in executing large scale projects.
Equipment & Machinery: Technical knowledge and hands-on experience in manufacturing with general understanding of plastics engineering, injection mold design & construction and injection mold processing.
Computer Experience & Software: Proven expertise in IT platforms, Microsoft Office Suite, manufacturing systems, Statistical Analysis software and CAD experience.