Accounting Manager is responsible for a variety of job duties including job costings, accounts receivable, general ledger reconciliation, and collaboration on month end close. This position works closely with a team to review and analyze accounting data to produce detailed, timely, and accurate financial statements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Support monthly close process in the timely preparation of financial reports such as financial statements and forecast performance.
- Create and input journal entries for the month-end close process related to assigned general ledger accounts.
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant recording, reporting and analysis of financial information.
- Maintain accurate inventory records, support physical inventory counts and monthly inventory reconciliation processes, including problem solving of identified variances.
- Support all quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
- Identify areas for improvement and implement improvements to accounting processes and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, federal government requirements and GAAP standards rules, regulations, and systems of internal control.
- Gathering and preparation of 1099's, 1094 and 1095C.
- Create and maintain productivity and statistical data as needed.
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Compile and analyze a wide variety of special projects and reports.
- Assist in monthly Forecasting of expected Income Statement.
- Classify production costs into wages, material, benefits and overhead. Distribute costs between the various production departments.
- Analyze actual labor, material, and overhead cost against Standard and/or Budget. Research and explain variances.
- Working closely with Operations, ensure that the standard cost accounting system is properly maintained and updated to reflect current cost trends and values. Assist in customer price increases.
- Calculate and maintain standard costs on products in ERP system.
- Responsible for analysis and verification of actual costs and computation of variances.
- Develop reporting metrics to discuss product margin.
- Responsible for Customer Account Management, including credit checks, customer set up, invoicing, and cash receipts.
- Manages Accounts Receivable collections in a timely and professional manner.
- Issue customer credits based on Quality Manager approval. Update’s credit tracker.
- Creates and manages weekly cash projection spreadsheet based on most current customer payment trends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field required.
- An accreditation such as certified public accountant (CPA) or certified management accountant (CMA), preferred.
- Must have 5-8 years of hands-on accounting experience (manufacturing preferred)
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Technical skills in account reconciliation, cost analysis and month-end close responsibilities.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- High level of discretion with confidential information (required).
- Ability to communicate openly and concisely with others. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from people at all organizational levels.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel and financial software.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple projects.
- Must be well organized with extreme attention to detail.