Uses a variety of hand tools and manual machining equipment to perform lay-out, (re)mounting, repair, and rigging of patterns, core boxes and gating. Work closely with tooling engineer, design engineer and project managers to coordinate effective flow of new and existing patterns.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1. Pattern inspection, repair and rigging
2. Core box inspection, repair and rigging
3. Work with pattern engineer and design engineer on design, manufacture and mounting of gating on new tooling produced in house on CNC machine.
4. Coordinate pattern shop work order forms with project managers to effectively track and document all pattern work performed on all tooling.
5. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
6. Coordinate procurement and maintain inventory of all required pattern shop supplies and materials with purchasing manager.
7. Assist Tooling Engineer as needed with set-up and operation and cleaning of CNC machine.
8. Perform all duties in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 procedures and processes.
9. Perform any other duties as required by management.
• High school diploma or GED.
• 2+ years pattern making, manual machining or wood working experience.
• Prior experience successfully working with ISO 9001 requirements.
• Knowledge of and experience with spreadsheets and word processing software, including Microsoft Office products.
Physical Work Requirements:
Describe any physical and mental exertions including mobility, weight lifting, visual requirements, patient care handling, dexterity level of independent judgment and level of emotional stress such as dealing with emergencies.
This position involves regular bending and lifting; continuous standing for long periods of time; pushing, pulling, and carrying of heavy parts and machines.