Combination of tasks in the Grind department to achieve agreed upon performance levels with respect to job safety, quality, production, cost, housekeeping and delivery. Perform all duties within the Grind department as required.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS:
1) Follows safety policies and wears required PPE at all
a) See required PPE listed in safety program.
2) Reads, interprets and follows all job card instructions
to understand job specific requirements.
3) Follow schedule for grinding castings.
4) Proficient use of tools to clean and de-burr the
castings per customer requirements.
a) Examples of tools Include:
i) 30 inch grind wheel
ii) Pedestal grinder
iii) Vertical Disk Grinder
iv) Straight Core Grinder
v) Carbide Tool
viii) Assorted hand tools
5) Maintains grind quota rate.
6) Inspection of castings for visual defect.
7) Create Crate (Box/pallet) with tare weight.
8) Performs tool inspections and report issues.
9) Maintains a clean and organized work area.
on wedge deck, sorting table and general foundry cleaning as needed
other duties as assigned by management.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Knowledge of break-off, grinding, blasting and
· Prior foundry or heavy industrial work
experience preferred, not required
Physical Work Requirements:
This position involves regular: bending and lifting; continuous
standing for long periods of time on anti-fatigue mats; pushing, pulling, and
carrying of heavy parts and machines repetitively,
must be able to use
arms, hands, legs and feet in repetitive motions. Must be able to wear required
PPE including respirator.