Mechanical Design - Weldguns Coordinator / Design - Body Welding
Weldgun experience / NX
- Responsible to work with the Project Engineer to track and report develop of weldguns.
- Understanding and knowing today’s fastening technology. Welding both metal and aluminum, laser welding, riveting, screwing, adhesive, sealer applications.
- Responsible to drive and understand customer specifications both corporate and plant and applies Comau standards for use in all aspects of mechanical designs of weldguns.
- Responsible to give updates to Project Engineer regarding engineering changes that occur during the life cycle of the project.
- Knowledge of metal stack ups to determine weld pressures and selecting and sizing of weldguns for Body Welding Tools.
- Knowledge of basic weld gun design with the ability to select weldguns form a library.
- Consults and coordinates with Mechanical Design and Robot Simulation groups to ensure latest design intent and process is achievable.
- Advanced knowledge of all types & variations of resistance welding apps; MIG, TIG, Arch and robotic welding.
- Analyzing Data or Information -- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Requre Strong Excel Skills.
NICE to HAVE
- Drafting, Laying Out, and Specifying Technical Devices, Parts, and Equipment -- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical weldgun equipment, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment. This May require to modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Layout and draw schematic, orthographic, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components, assemblies of weldguns.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components of weldguns, using computer-assisted equipment.
- Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas, and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- 5+ years Mechanical Design and Engineering experience in Powertrain or Associates Degree in Mechanical Technology or equivalent experience
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Ability to travel domestically (5-20%) and internationally as project needs¿ may require for technical support