Perform the acquisition of complex materials, products and services, consistent with the target of cost, time and quality (in the U.S. and Europe this is as part of a CIO Team). Support the Senior Buyer in execution of supply chain activities in a project environment (Cost Validation, Sourcing Strategy, Procurement, Timing, Financial Control)
RESPONSIBILITIES / OUTPUT
- Support the creation of the sourcing plan and the project budget during the Planning phase of a project.
- Support the communication of material forecasting and long lead items to central purchasing and suppliers.
- Support the execution of the sourcing plan and adherence to the project budget, including the negotiation and coordination of on-time delivery of materials and products.
- Prepare quotations, technical specifications, solicit bids and analyze quotes.
- Negotiation based upon assigned target (timing, quality, prices); coordinate internal and external line up meetings.
- Suggest supplier, prepare recommendation and submit package for approval in accordance with sourcing policy.
- Issue Purchase Orders according to the contractual rules and company policies.
- Pursue and negotiate recovery costs.
- Responsible for material returns and cancellations as well as NCR management for purchasing related activities.
- Support estimating activity during the proposal phase of a project.
- Support collection of data and development of financial and "work-in progress" reports for project purchases.
- Support supplier scouting activities.
- Negotiation skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and proficient in other Microsoft Office applications
- Cost Analysis & financial knowledge (basic accounting, analytical skills, commodity market pricing, financial reporting)
- Purchasing Contract Terms & Conditions and terminology Project scheduling (planning systems / processes)
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies and implements ways to make tasks or processes more efficient.
- Teamwork: Collaborates with and supports fellow team members to accomplish overall objectives of the group.
- Time Management: Organizes and plans their work so they may complete tasks effectively and on a timely basis.
- To be an "internal point of reference":
- Considered a "subject matter" expert willing to provide knowledge to support others.
- Responsible: Holds themselves and others accountable to carry forward an assignment to successful completion.
- Customer Oriented: Listens to the needs of the customer (internal / external) and responds in a timely and concise manner