- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates, according to knowledge of the operations processes, part specifications, and machine capabilities.
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths; Compute angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outline sequence of operations required to machine part(s).
- Prepare geometric layout using computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths, using drafting instruments or computer.
- Write program to regulate movement of machine along cutting path and prepare instruction sheets and cutter lists to guide setup and operation of machine.
- Assure accuracy of machine instructions, and revise program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Set-up, perform first article inspection, observe trial run, and produce parts on various machines (i.e. Mazak, Haas, JohnFord, Mori-Seiki, 4-axis mills).
- Inspect parts to engineering specification and maintain quality records according to work instructions.
- Troubleshoot malfunctions and/or call for repairs, as needed.
- Trains others, as assigned.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs.
- Communicate product discrepancies or equipment malfunction.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures, including applicable safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of computers and electronics, computer numerical control, basics of programming, and computer-aided manufacturing. Experience editing and performing advanced numerical control programming for Fanuc, CAMWorks, G-Code and/or Esprit computer-assisted drafting/programming software is preferred.
- Team oriented; Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptable to a changing work environment and work assignments.
- Able to influence engineering and leadership in identifying and building set-up techniques to simplify complex set-ups.
- Able to work with limited direction.
- Working knowledge of basic math, and the ability to use measuring tools (Gages, Faro Arm, etc).
- Able to solve complex problems using analytical judgment and initiative.
- Able to read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blueprints.
- Physical Dexterity
- Mechanically inclined
Hourly Rate and Benefits
- Eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, and participation in the applicable Pension Plan, and other insurance options
- Participation in the company incentive program
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
High School Diploma or better.
Technical/other training or better.
5-7 years: Operation of various CNC machines, including Mazak, Haas, JohnFord, Mori-Seiki, 4-axis mills