Title: Data Visualization Designer / Data Designer
Location: Peoria, IL
The data visualization designer will be a key member of the Electric Power Analytics team, responsible for the visual aesthetics and user experience for Tableau dashboards, marketing content etc….The core responsibility for this role is to build and enhance dashboards with rich, engaging, and consistent user experience for the business by applying graphic design principles.
- Experience in turning data into insights by developing creative and scalable visualizations using Tableau.
- Experience in Graphics design and the application of visual design principles.
- Experience in gathering requirements and conceptualizing visuals
- Bring creative ideas to life with smart, compelling designs and optimize user experience through effective design.
- Create a design philosophy across all of our reporting and analytical products with a style guide for standards of how data should be visualized
- Standardize dashboards and visualizations to commonize the look and feel of all dashboards enhacing the end user experience
- Experience in SQL and working with corporate databases Oracle, Snowflake etc..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Strong team player and ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Growth mindset - ability to learn and take initiative to keep up with the latest technology
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Self-start with ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve with poise in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities against deadlines
- Ability to effectively present creative ideas and recommendatins
If you wish to review our other job opportunities, please go to our careers page: https://onwardeds.catsone.com/careers/10533-General
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design
- 2+ years experience in Graphics design
- 2+ years of experience in design and prototyping dynamic views and visualizations for large and complex data sets in Tableau
- Portfolio of work displaying data visualizations and infographics
- Experince with SQL
- Experience in Python coding language would be a plus
- Experience using RESTful API’s would be a plus
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn to stay current with our cutting-edge industry advancements and development: https://www.linkedin.com/company/onward-technologies/jobs/
Onward Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits promotions, training, termination or any other condition of employment or career development. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other legally protected status.