JOB TITLE: Technician, Field Service I
The candidates must be available for extensive travel throughout WA, OR, MT, UT , ID, etc and potentially Hawaii and Alaska.
This position will be responsible for servicing and troubleshooting water treatment equipment (Reverse Osmosis and Lab Equipment), exchanging service deionization tanks and completing necessary paperwork.
- Respond to non-routine “call outs” for tank exchanges and basic service in a timely and proactive manner.
- Maintenance of accurate records and communication of all data on customer sites.
- Prepare and submit to customer and management “service” reports detailing maintenance performed and equipment / application status.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 0-4 years of industry experience
- Bachelor’s, Associates or Technical Degree preferred
- Ability and desire to learn about basic water chemistry and water treatment equipment
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills
- Ability to complete plumbing tasks including working with Sched 80 PVC per MCP workmanship standards
- Ability to complete basic electrical tasks including work with high and low voltage electrical per MCP Workmanship Standards
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to read, understand and follow Quality System documentation
- Basic computer skills required including basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ISO 14971 – Risk Management for Medical Devices – and how this standard applies to the service and installation personnel
- Clean driving record – depending on territory, travel miles may be in excess of 40,000/year
- Ability to work a variety of schedules including nights, weekends and holidays, and the ability to take assignments on short notice
- Must demonstrate ability to distinguish between colours
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs unassisted
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical #CB