Looking for a motivated and talented Sales Development Specialist to support our sales growth goals. Your primary responsibility is to generate leads that can be converted by the sales team into qualified opportunities and set the pace for the sales cycle. Your goals will be focused on identifying, researching, and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target industries and developing relationships with prospects to become an initial point of contact. This is not a silo position. We need an energetic individual, committed to collaboration with sales and marketing and delivering messaging and product guidance to proactively drive overall sales performance. You will report on qualification and engagement activities and stay informed on all opportunities to introduce new products. You need to understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect, leverage your ability to think out-of-the-box, dig deep into industries for opportunities to apply our solutions, and initiate informative two-way conversations with prospects. In support of sales, you will maintain availability of marketing collateral and literature, and leverage your experience using Salesforce or a comparable CRM tracking system.
- Profile target industries key individuals, researching and obtaining business requirements and presenting solutions to start the sales cycle.
- Effectively communicate the company’s value proposition to prospective customers.
- Disseminate opportunities to the Sales Operations Leader, educating as necessary about the potential.
- Promoting and marketing to prospective clients through extensive and persistent cold calling, email, and other virtual communications.
- Actively track and maintain activity and lead qualification information in CRM application to identify, research, report, and share with sales to track and close leads.
- Support and coordinate local and national events, introduction meetings.
- Perform other sales and marketing duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years of proven excellence in business development, inside sales and/or sales
- Progressive experience in technical or branded sales; manufacturing industries preferred.
- Able to understand, articulate, and present the value proposition to targeted/niche customers. Ability to understand technical information and convey to target audiences with well written marketing content.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills. A great writer, speaker, and listener. Strong social media and engagement skills including strong LinkedIn and other social media posting capabilities. Always conducts self in a professional manner, with strong Emotional Intelligence, and able to interact with all levels in the organization.
- Ability to set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
- The courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Experience using Salesforce.com or comparable CRM.
- Strong understanding of sales development and lead development best practices and procedures.
- Proven ability to perform successfully given low oversight and limited process.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Able to change plans and demonstrate flexibility when necessary.
- Results focused and attention to detail.
- Strong ethical standards.
- Able to utilize resources (ie. Google Search, LinkedIn, etc) to research and analyze assigned markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), required.
- Experience using Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications, preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance options
- 401k with company match
- Participation in annual incentive plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free access to EAP and Wellness resources
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well