Title: Simulation Engineer
Location: Sanford, ME
- Ideal Engineer should be qualified on the ABB programming + OLP (Robot Studio),
- The project would need some mechanical (production) engineering knowledge, with emphasis on ABB robotic programming.
- Someone with a good knowledge and experience with computer aided manufacturing in general, and specific knowledge of ABB robots and Amada metal fabrication equipment.
- The onsite person is knowledgeable enough to coordinate all of the communication and management with offshore.
- Development of 3D virtual simulation systems for a variety of applications including Powder coating, robots assembly, conveyance and transfer systems at a program and project level.
- Develop accurate simulation software studies so as to verify the effectiveness of proposed robotic systems and processes
- Responsible for technical solution meeting customer quality and volume requirements.
- Ability to review, document issues and implement effective solutions.
- Deliver high quality simulations to demanding timescales.
- Support on-site build wherever and however necessary.
- Work with the project team to create lead and project timelines for simulation design tasks from critical project milestones provided by project management.
Additional Work and Support
It would be ideal if an onsite outsourced resource could also perform, or interface with an offshore team to perform, other engineering support work for Baker. This could include:
1. Electrical component selection/sourcing [one project already identified = fan/motor for a specific product for the Japanese market]
2. Amada press brake programming [note…this is likely our next most critical item after the ABB programming and fan/motor sourcing]
3. Amada and Trumpf laser and punch programming
4. Electronics/controls programming (usually PLC based) “on demand” (for custom/special projects)
5. Other mechanical and electrical projects from time to time