Title: Product Development Engineer
Location: Foxborough, MA
Summary of Position
We are looking for a Product Development Engineer to help us create a new generation of innovative products across our highly regulated Juvenile industry. The Product Development Engineer will be responsible for the development of products from conception through production. We thrive on creating great products that delight our customers and know that it takes exceptional individuals to make it happen. Working as part of our Product Development team, you will bring technical knowledge and inspiration to our creative efforts and ensure that imaginative but credible solutions populate our ambitious product roadmap.
- Identify new ideas, products and/or features that improve customer satisfaction, reduce costs, and keep our product line at the forefront of our industry.
- Conceptualize new ideas and technologies for our next generation of products.
- Define and maintain product requirements and verification plans.
- Evaluate and test product prototypes or CAD for concept feasibility, user needs and regulatory concerns.
- Assess product samples for strength, stability, safety, etc.
- Identify system level interactions and potential failure modes.
- Define wording and location of product warnings per ASTM requirements.
- Review test reports for accuracy and completeness to design verification plans.
- Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
- Continually evaluate and improve designs for cost effectiveness, manufacturing improvements, increased quality, and value.
- Work with our Product Marketing and Industrial Design teams to ensure a cohesive approach to the design of our products.
- Multitask ability required.
Education and Experience
- The candidate is required to have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in a mechanical design engineering environment, preferably within home appliances, Consumer Goods, Automotive Industry, Materials & Metals industry.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferred (e.g., ASTM, ISO, etc.)
- Understanding of common manufacturing methods such as injection molding, machining, and sheet metal.
- Experience writing design requirements and test methods.
- Previous experience performing risk analyses (User Risk and/or FMEA).
- 6 Sigma basic knowledge desirable (application of DOE, COV, Variability charts, etc)
- CAD knowledge, preferably SolidWorks