This position has responsibilities to maintain, troubleshoot and repair a variety of electrical and mechanical equipment in a food processing environment. This position requires proficiency in multiple skill clusters, such as electrical controls, fluid power, mechanical systems, welding, fabrication and manufacturing processes. This person will perform medium to high-level machine systems troubleshooting and repair, and provide technical support for all phases of the operation. This work will be of average to considerable difficulty in the accomplishment of a variety of mechanical maintenance actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Works from verbal and written instructions, blueprints, and sketches to complete work orders and PM’s.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment and systems for emergency repairs.
- Applies skills, experience, and general knowledge to a wide range of tasks to adjust, repair, dissemble, replace, and reassemble plant equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance routines and inspections.
- Utilizes hand tools and common powered hand and shop tools.
- Approaches job duties with a sense of accuracy and urgency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS Diploma or equivalency required
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and 2 to 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Must be able to read and write fluently in English to communicate and understand technical/ training manuals written in English.
- Possess the ability to function effectively in a team environment and interact productively with all levels of team personnel and outside contractors.
- Ability to operate a forklift, genie lift or scissor lift preferred
- Displays sound judgment, organizational skills and the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or greater.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.