Hyson Metal Forming Solutions, a brand of Barnes Group Inc, in Brecksville, OH, is hiring an Mechanical Assembler. This is a Full-Time position with standard work hours from 8a -- 4:30p, Mon - Fri (some Sat as needed). In this role, you work autonomously to prepare products and customer orders for shipment. We have a strong brand, a global presence, and want you to join our team if you enjoy working in an environment that values safety first, continuous improvement, an internal drive for results, and a desire to work as a team.
- Perform mechanical assembly operations, using knowledge of blueprints and measuring tools, to build custom order products that meet exacting tolerances. Work from drawings (at times some may be complex) and component parts that require skill and care to align, fit, and assemble into units and obtain exacting operating performance and appearance.
- Work from assembly instructions in proper sequences to build units that meet customer specifications, using various types of handheld tools (i.e. torque wench, air gun, grinder, etc).
- Gather, inspect, and verify parts.
- Deburr, wash, stencil, charge, and test components.
- Identify defective material, unusual conditions or operating difficulties and report to supervisor.
- Adhere to established company policies and procedures.
- Drive tow motor to transport crates from or to shipping areas.
- Identify, communicate, and support the implementation of continuous improvement projects.
- Work with a safety-first mentality, adhering to all facility and general safety regulations, identifies and reports safety concerns, and implements improvements.
- Maintain work areas and equipment in clean, orderly, and safe fashion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience having worked in roles that require mechanical skills, including having used mechanical/air power tools and powered industrial vehicles (i.e. lift trucks).
- Demonstrated experience reading blueprints and having used measuring tools.
- Able to effectively communicate and follow instructions in verbal and written form.
- Self-motivated and team oriented, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well with minimal direct management oversite.
- Able to adapt and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Basic understanding and demonstrated experience complying with required safety and health expectations.
- Working knowledge of basic math.
- Able to perform functions that require manual and finger dexterity, including the ability to lift up to 50 lbs individually.
- Knowledge of basic shipping/receiving processes, preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2+ years experience working in a warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Pension plan
- Participation in the company's incentive plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Other insurance benefits
Starting rate: $17/hr
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
High School Diploma or better.
2-5 years: Experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment
Licenses & Certifications
Forklift - Sitdown